Monday, July 20, 2015

Five years ago today we were blessed with our first born, Albert Lloyd Louis Jones. He was born with Trisomy 18, the doctors deemed this diagnosis as incompatible with life. Albert was a great blessing to us and many others, though his life on earth was a brief 26 days he still continues to touch lives through people coming upon our caring bridge sight, walking this journey with us, and we see glimpses of him in his two younger sisters.

My dream for a couple years has been to build a playground in his memory. I felt this was fitting because one night before Albert passed Will and I were asleep and Will tapped me and said Albert is gonna be okay I saw him swinging and he is older and he is fine. Will doesn't remember this so I am not sure I dreamed it or if he actually spoke to me. The second vision that came as him on a swing was a by someone given an assignment to write a paper based on the story 5 people you see in heaven. One of the people she met was a little boy about the age of 8 or 10. He was swinging and it turned out he was Albert. She talked to him about him dying as a baby and he talked about not really having an age in heaven (I am just going by memory on this-the document is on my old computer).

I thought at first it would be perfect to put a playground at a rest stop where kids could play and stretch as we travel to visit family. But the more we visited Ebenezer (where Albert is buried) the more I was being nudged that it needs to be there. At Albert's burial we had intended to get a picture with Will and I and our nieces and nephews on the steps of the church. It turned into every child at the funeral running to be in the photo so I just went with it. I was often brought back to this photo and knew God was trying to tell us something through it. Still not completely sure His whole story has been revealed but I am also posting a second photo taken this year of how many young people are being blessed by the Ebenezer church today.

As they run around after services I continually think they need a place to play. I am not sure the best way to get it rolling-I know little about fundraising, playground cost, etc. I had really hoped to have in in place for his 5th birthday. I had spoken to a couple people but felt pressed for time. This am I felt lead to get the fundraiser started and maybe it can be in place by his 6th birthday.

If anyone is great at getting things organized and helping this happen I would love a volunteer to help figure out cost, find a place to collect funds, or get it set up. I haven't even priced a playground set yet but they have some pretty awesome ones at the Kentucky Barn Store in Salvisa near the church.

This is list I cam up with:

Playground equipment and mulch(or something else) under it.
2 benches/picnic table
Memorial plaque.

                                          On steps of Ebenezer August 2010


On steps of Ebenezer Spring 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment